Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mood swings and the equanimity.

All is fine and serene. The serenity is surpassing. A serenity in totality. Internal and external. You consecrate all the things you have done and your own self.

We tend to have a cycle of emotions. And a prime emotion that is a seed to a purpose in life is the drive, what we so stoically term as motivation. The drive changes and occurs as a pattern, as a cycle. We will agree that we have high days and low days.

And a high day is when you are all pumped and ready for any challenges. To put it a little pessimistically, I would say, you are naughty. A low day is when you don’t find a purpose for things that you had pursued like hell.

And what particularly interests me is the blend of these, an equilibrium, the serenity which prompted me to write this.

I chose to write this on such a day of serenity (By serenity I am not talking about environment or anything physiological). My language, if you had noticed is quite flat in tone, like a documentary running. I did not smile much. Or rather I am more to myself. I contemplate many things in life and all my positives get highlighted with a neat emphasis on a future perseverance of even better goals. I don’t get astonished. It’s a 'what else can happen in life now' attitude.

It’s not dejection, but a sense of completion. A sense of gratification and an even matured outlook that all such completion is a beginning and the road ahead doesn’t fear you. These times are like pausing a play and contemplating on what and all happened till now. And coincidentally, you also get the same feelings as in play. You might know how would all these end and don’t fear the same.

I just am very monomaniac and don't differentiate anything. Rain is same as a mundane bus trip. A friend and a foe the same. and so on. Something to do with maturity? Ok let’s now think about this.

How do such states of mind get triggered? Is it potentially useful?

For me, it triggered by a movie. It was about terrorism. And a complex character trying to blow up a terrorist action. He talks about faith. And any intellectual stimulation could be a pre-cursor. Maybe.
Or.
Many of us have complex feelings. How often have we thought that we have a unique feeling about a person? That feel could have arisen out of a mixture of both rational reasoning and unavoidable negative emotions like envy, pride etc. Such unique feelings when found to be common with someone, the sheer joy of having that commonality and the relieving of guilt is huge. That can give you all the happiness you need.
In effect,
When one has an overdose of psychological attention or if one is confronted with a situation that warrants the circumvention of such a need, then this serenity sets in.

And now about the usefulness.

A shocking study revealed that you think clearly, when you are sad. Such a reasoning would never be accepted consciously. But try to think of some new idea when you are sad. Or in a way when you are serene.

Bright ideas come in the restroom or bathroom or en-route you usual commute. And things that are mundane and those that you are putting up with no option leads to this serenity or sadness to varying degrees. And bright ideas pop up then. Or you may take it as a relief of all responsibilities and an effort to rehabilitate yourself seeking better responsibilities either challenging or otherwise that brings about this serenity. Or you may also take it as loneliness. But loneliness leads to sadness. Absolving responsibilities is definitely a sad thing and so is a serene mood.

You may consider this reading as a waste of time. But I have made many important decisions when I was serene.

Or have I simply spoken about being equanimous?

No idea. I don’t take the moral responsibility to please the reader, because I am in a serene mood.

4 comments:

tingaritot said...

Ena petha rasa enna solla vara...!!

mary said...

agreed siva that some bright ideas pop up when you are serene. but as i said they might just pop up. but given a problem , you don't always come up with the best of solutions when you are serene.
you work better and efficiently under pressure ( not under stress , and if you don't crumble under the pressure that is ). you also learn better under pressure.

Someday's dreamer said...

Perfect tone ... it conveys the meaning right across. Hope people didn't go "what the hell" and tried to read the whole thing ....

Sivaprakasam said...

Thanks guys for your time. Even I am not so sure of what I wrote. The underlying idea is strong though. A type of state of mind that might be desirable. Thats it.

I am really happy that it is appreciated though I myself am a little perplexed about the precarious setting of words. A house of cards maybe..